Question: Do I need to have a guarantor?
Answer: Except for UR apartments, it is necessary to have a guarantor who is living in Japan in order to apply for an apartment or a house for most of the cases. The guarantor should be capable of assuming full responsibility financially.

Question: If I cannot find a guarantor who fulfills requirements, what should I do ?
Answer: We have business partnerships with lease guarantee companies. The lease guarantee company guarantees payment to a landlord instead of a personal guarantor. If you have difficulties to find a guarantor, this could be an option.

Question: Do I need to pay a commission to a real estate agent?
Answer: If renting an apartment from a private party through a real estate agency, our commission is equivalent to one month’s rent, paid by the lessee.You don’t pay a commission for public housing, UR apartments, monthly apartments, guesthouse and some other cases, real estate agents don’t ask for commission. When you approach to a real estate agent, make sure to ask whether you need to pay commission or not.

Question: Do I need to enroll in fire insurance?
Answer: Except for UR apartments, most of the time it is necessary to enroll in fire insurance. The premium range is 10,000 yen to 20,000 yen per 2 years.

Question: Do utility fees are included in the rent? If not, how much the average utility fee per month?
Answer: Sometimes water fee is included in your rent. especially small apartments for single person. The total utility fee would be around 10,000 yen including water, electricity and gas. But you should expect to pay more electricity in winter and summer because you would use air conditioner more.

Question: Can I nail in a rack on the wall and paint the wall?
Answer: Most of the time, you are not allowed to use nails on the walls nor paint the wall. If you do, you will be requested to restore to original state. It is strongly recommended to consult with your apartment management company.

Question: Are the apartments furnished in Japan? What will I have in the apartment?
Answer: Most of the Japanese apartments are not furnished. When you move in, you need to buy a bed, dining set, fridge, lightings, microwave and washing machine. Ask your agent that you are looking for furnished apartments.